More than Just
To paraphrase Benjamin Franklin’s famous quote “In this world, nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes.”
In all seriousness though, we love what we do, and hope you find we have so much more to offer than just a tax return.
BusinessPackages with annual service engagement starting at
- In today’s world, business owners often find themselves wearing the proverbial and often literal “twenty hats”.
- At BWCO, we are here to wear a number of those hats for you, by providing customized packages to meet your business and personal needs.
- Customized packages that fit your business and our team
- Bookkeeping and reconciliations
- Accounting record checkups and adjustments
- Strategic planning for growth, acquisitions, retirement
- Strategic tax planning that coincides with the owner’s personal return (pass-through entities)
- Regularly scheduled meetings with owners
- Tax compliance for the business(es) and owner(s)
INDIVIDUALPackages with annual service engagement starting at
- Let us help you proactively plan your tax scenarios and be prepared as you experience or anticipate life’s many changes. We offer regular recurring planning services and annual tax reporting compliance packages.
We have changed our client alignment in recent years and now request that new clients (without businesses) work with us in a multi-service annual engagement that includes quarterly tax planning and estimates, scheduled meetings during the year, and of course annual tax return reporting and compliance.
Our packages typically start at $250 per month with an annual agreement for these services and then go up from there depending on the specific needs of each client.
Estate & Trust
- Navigating the complexities of a fiduciary’s many duties can be a daunting task. We can assist executors and trustees with their accounting and tax reporting requirements.
- Federal, state, and gift tax compliance
- Strategical planning and tax advisory services
Our Tax Return Processes
Our Tax Return
Our process for client tax work is designed to provide a streamlined and low-hassle experience.
I. Client Outreach & Coordination
Each January we craft a highly sought-after tax packet (or as clients refer to them “that tax thing”), which we then send out to our individual and business clients. The packets include a “what’s new in the tax year” intro, a detailed tax questionnaire, and a lengthy and boring, yet very much required tax engagement letter.
Upon receipt of all client documents, we will start the process of digitizing documents. This start date is predicated on how you provide these documents to us. Is the document packet complete, or will we have to hound you fifteen times for missing items? Are the electronic images readable and in a format that doesn’t require a secret decoder ring? It’s helpful that you actually open and read the packet mentioned above to ensure a smooth document experience. Also, NO text messaged images – this is for your security and our sanity!
An experienced member of our tax team will initially review your digitized support document file and prepare a draft of your tax return. She may contact you with questions and/or requests for missing information.
The quicker you respond to our team, the faster your return will move through our process. Once our tax team is finished with their part, the return will be put into your CPA’s “review queue”.
III. Review & Delivery
Your CPA reviews and finalizes your tax return and will contact you to discuss your tax return and coordinate any refund or payment arrangement details. She will also discuss any significant changes from the prior year and answers any questions you may have. During this conversation, we may also suggest additional tax estimates and/or check-ins throughout the upcoming year. Your CPA will then send you a secure electronic copy of your return for review and signature through DocuSign and our client portal system.
Once you have digitally signed your tax return, a signed copy notification will be returned to us, which indicates that you have reviewed your tax return and authorize us to file it electronically with the IRS. We will e-file your tax return with the IRS within 2-3 business days of receiving the signature notification.